Clam Stew is one of my favorite way of cooking clams. It is not only tasty, but it is easy to make and not time consuming. I live near the coast and I am living the life of it. It was a week of nice low tide and I been missing eating clams so we decided to go clamming for four consecutive days. Four days of having clams is a few days of experimenting what dish should I make out of it.Clam stew is one of the dish that I came up doing, it is made out of basic ingredients that I have in the kitchen and few clams that we get from clamming.
Please see the ingredients below:
- 8 cockle clams - soak the clams in a bucket with a sea water and oatmeal for about 30 minutes to an hour, to make the clams spit the sand out
- 2 - 3 cups water - (adjustable) it depends of how many clams you have and how soupy you want it to be
- 1 red jalapeño cut into strips (to add a little spice)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ginger - peeled and cut into thin round slices
- garlic - minched
- red onions
- Heat up the saucepan, set the stove in medium heat temperature.
- Add olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic,ginger and red onions in the pan with a hot olive oil and sautee it for a few minutes.
- Pour the water in the pan and add the rest of the ingredients (bokchoy and jalapeño) and bring it to boil.
- Wash the clams in a cold running water before adding it to the other ingredients.
- Put the clams in the boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until it opens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve it hot.
Note: When the clam opens up that means it is done
That was the ingredients and procedure of how to make a clam stew. Pretty simple right? I hope this blog gives you an idea on making one of the healthy clam dish. Hope you find this helpful and feel free to add this on your dish list. Enjoy!